Saturday, April 9, 2011

"This is what dreams are made of" Tivoli Gardens

For all of you who've seen the Lizzie McGuire movie, that movie became a reality for me this past weekend.  You know in the movie when Paolo sneaks out with Lizzie to show her these beautiful gardens with waterfalls, I was there! (Minus the Italian boy holding my hand, running through the waterfalls singing "This is what dreams are made of") Tivoli is a small town about an hour outside of Rome.  It looks like a mini version of Rome.  After getting off an hour ride train we explored the town and found the Tivoli Gardens.  The gardens were beautiful with waterfalls and fountains all over.  We walked through the park and sat down for a picnic next to one of the fountains.  Seeing the movie with these gardens in a scene, made seeing them that much surreal.  There's so many things you never think you're going to see, that when you see them its literally "like a movie".

1 comment:

  1. We just went to Tivoli Gardens this past weekend! It was the most amazing garden I have ever been to! I kept walking around saying, "yep this is my backyard!" Could you imagine living in that Villa back in the day? I was speechless when we arrived at the reflection pools surrounded by daffodils! What made the garden ten times cooler was that it was in the Lizzie McGuire Movie! I don't know about you, but after I got back from Tivoli, I watched the movie for the billionth time since I've been in Rome!

    ps. The scene when they drive around on the moped, that is my street in Rome! I screamed when I realized!

    ReplyDelete