Monday, March 28, 2011

BRRRRRR....


Recently I went to “Ice Bar” with a few of my friends.  We heard about this place and it obviously sparked our interest.  So many bars in Rome are very similar to ones back in Baltimore on York Road.  We wanted to try something new and different.  We took the metro to the Coliseum and walked from there.  We walked down a tiny side street and eventually found it (I have a tendency to take an hour to get somewhere that should only take 10 minutes).  We paid 25 euro to get in and have one free drink.  They gave us these coats and gloves to wear, which were made special for the bar’s environment.  The bar was about 15 degrees Fahrenheit.  Everything was made out of ice; even the drinks were given to us in ice cups.   I couldn’t stay there too long because it was getting too cold, but it was definitely a new experience. 

I want to find places like “Ice Bar” to go to.  I want to stay away from places that I could find in the U.S. and live like the Italians do.  So many of us here go to Irish pubs and American bars.  "Scholars" is the most popular Irish Bar, they even have a Loyola tee-shirt hanging up on the wall.  While "Scholars" is fun, there's always opportunities to go places like it. From this point on I want to explore other options... "When in Rome...Do as the Romans do" Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment